Thursday, January 16, 2014

"Truly Knowing How to Love"

1 John 4:20:  If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.
 
 
I’ve realized Christian believers have to know how to love well because it is essential for true spirituality. 

I hope to always have the ability to recognize that I have to love, respect, and value people; also taking into consideration that I am not perfect and I’m not always right. Peter Sazzero references a Jewish theologian by the name of Martin Buber who wrote a great book called “1 and thou”. This book talks about two kinds of relationships, one of them being the best kind of relationship to have. Buber described the most mature healthy relationship being an “I-Thou” relationship. “ In such relationships I recognize that I am made in the image of God and so is every other person on the face of the earth. This makes them “Thou” to me. Because of that reality every person deserves respect that is; I treat them with dignity and worth. I do not Dehumanize or objectify them. I affirm them as having a unique and separate existence apart from me.

God, You have created each and everyone of us fearfully and wonderfully. I'm so grateful that you looked at us and said "it is good." We are created in your image

~Seny
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment