Tuesday, February 19, 2013

SMC Student - Reflections on Myrtle Beach Conference (pt 4)


 This year has been different for me than all the other years because for one I was on staff instead of being an attendee. This would be my 8th year attending Shabbach Youth Conferences and out of all these years, this year was my favorite. I love being an attendee but when I was able to have the opportunity to be a staff member and to set up and tear down, I absolutely loved it and I loved serving in every area that was needed. It gave me a whole new perspective of how much work and how much preparation it takes to set up this conference. To be a part of what Shabbach is doing is a blessing to me in itself. On Friday night, as I was watching the people worship and watching everything that was going on, I became overwhelmed with the fact that I have been given the opportunity and has been a great honor  to stand under the anointing God has placed above me. I get to sit under the anointing of Pastor Glenn and Pastor Michael and Shabbach Ministry and also be a part of SMC. When I was talking with Tami, she gave a great analogy and she said basically we have a huge umbrella we are standing under. Words can’t explain the emotion and how I was feeling when Reggie gave the altar call and the Palace itself became the altar. The place flooded with youth who wanted to change, who wanted to make it right, who wanted to be called a daughter or son of the Most High. All I could do is stand there and look around and just cry because this is what it is all about, this is what Shabbach is about, this is what ministering is about, this is what our lifestyle should be about, to minister the Word and allow God to flow through us to reach the lost, to reach this generation. Saturday night was an amazing night for me and an eye opener for me as well. When Pastor Glenn called for the altar team I walked up there with a desire to see these kids set free from the bondage that was holding them down. As kids flooded to the altar I began praying for these girls but as I was praying, God stopped me in the midst and said go pray for that girl right now. So I went directly to this girl and began speaking things into her life, God was just flowing right through me to tell her these things that she needs to let go of. Next thing I knew she was slain in the Spirit and for a second it caught me off guard. Here’s why…I have seen people pray for someone and they be baptized in the Spirit or slain in the Spirit, but I never thought God would use me in that kind of way. I always thought that I would never be anointed enough to pray for someone and God use me in that way. God showed me this weekend that when He calls me to do something, He’s going to anoint me to do the assignment he has for me. I’m trying to explain it in a way that doesn’t sound like I’m saying it was me that did it because it was NOT me at all. It was God all the way and I was just the willing vessel He used at the time. God has given me a new perspective and brought new meaning to things about myself and about ministry that I never even thought of and never would have even considered. This year at Shabbach has been an incredible and unforgettable experience for me!

Katlyn
(South Carolina)

No comments:

Post a Comment